Ettusais Peeling Milk Sebum Off! with Charcoal Powder Review


Hello everyone! First of all I've got to say I am really sorry for being on such a long hiatus from the beauty blogosphere. Life has been pretty overwhelming for me as many things have happened within these few months that I honestly have lost all inspiration to blog. Recently, I have just started university on January and am trying to adapt to the busy student life again. 

Nevertheless, I managed to squeeze out some time amidst my chaotic revision schedule since I really wanted to get back on my blogging mojo! Today's mini skincare review will be on the Ettusais Peeling Milk Sebum Off! To be honest, this is my very first Ettusais product as I have not heard very much about this brand in Singapore. Apparently, it is the young sister brand of Shiseido and we all know how good the Japanese are with their products so yay!

I managed to pick this little baby up from a Shiseido x Nars warehouse sale and being a sucker for cute packaging, I had to check out the Ettusais counter! I fell in love with the black and grey packaging of this and when the sales lady behind the counter tried this on my hand, I had to put it into my shopping bag. :P

Basically, what this product does is that it has charcoal powder infused in it to absorb sebum and impurities from our pores! I am sure everyone struggles with the problem of clogged pores and stubborn surface dead skin cells, including me! Also, anything with charcoal does sound good for us right? 


Here is what it looks like out of the bottle! It has a watery consistency that makes it really easy for you to spread it around your face without applying much pressure.


Once you start spreading it around the surface of your skin it starts to form these tiny beads which I believe it is not your actual dead skin but just some 'chemical reaction' that is activated when friction happens while rubbing it into your skin. However, these beads serve as a very gentle exfoliator for your skin which I love! My skin feels really smooth and less oily after using it though I honestly do not feel that it absorbs all my excess dirt from my pores. Use it only 2 to 3 times a week because no one wants to over exfoliate! :)

I follow up with my regular facial cleanser if I am having an extremely oily day but other than that, this product is enough for me. One thing I noted from this compared to Cure's Natural Aqua Gel is that the 'beads' formed is smaller while using Cure's compared to Ettusais!

Thank you so much for reading, hopefully I will be back with a post again soon!




6 comments:

  1. This looks so interesting! I had a Tony Moly mask that was supposed to do the same thing, but it did not work on me at all. I'm always interested in new and cool skincare products. Thanks for the review!

    Hao | haodoyoungo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe thank you! :) Do check out The Face Shop products! They have a range of peeling masks too and they smell even more heavenly. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) Followed you on bloglovin'! <3

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a lovely exfoliator, I love products with charcoal in!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Same, I find it really helps in clarifying of our face! ;D <3

      Delete