October Favorites!

It has been five days into November now but I hope it is not too late to share with you my monthly round up of my favorite products for October! :) As this is my first ever favorites post, I have gathered some of my all time favorites which I have been using for a period of time and some new products I have discovered and been loving recently.


The first product I am the most hyped to talk about is MAC's Dainty mineralize blush! If you see me wearing blush within these past two months, you have to know it's Dainty and only Dainty. I have always been contemplating whether to get Dainty as I have heard that it is really similar to NARS's Deep Throat, which I already own. However, I still gave it a try on the MAC counters and I instantly fell in love with it! There is a difference between them though, with DT having a slightly different finish. DT has golden, peachy shimmers while Dainty is more of a pinkish finish with less golden shimmers. It applies very smoothly and gives a natural healthy flush if applied with a light hand. I find that it goes really well when paired with my blue-toned lipsticks.

MAC Mineralize Blush in 'Dainty'

Onto the topic about lipsticks, the one that I adore to pieces has got to be 'Violetta' from MAC. It is an amplified finish, which also happens to be my favorite type of lipstick finish from MAC! Violetta is a really pretty fuchsia purple, and it applies really opaque and creamy on the lips.

MAC Amplified Lipstick in 'Violetta'

Moving onto the 'must-haves' whenever I do my makeup - these are my holy grail products of all time and I would probably never live without them EVER in my life (yes, this is how much I love them lol).

LORAC Pro Palette, NARS Sheer Glow Foundation & NARS Translucent Loose Setting Powder

To me, the most important thing in makeup is a good base, and to achieve flawless skin, I will have to give credit to my NARS's Sheer Glow Foundation, I find that it gives a buildable medium coverage without it being too thick like some foundation to the point that it clogs up your pores. Some people are probably put off by the misleading 'glow' word on the label as nobody would want to have an oily, shiny face by midday. But this foundation does not do that, it is said to have a satin-finish, which I feel that it gives you a slight healthy dewy look without looking too matte. The only downside is that I am not very happy having to pay an extra 10 bucks for the pump considering this is a high-end foundation. The pump though, does come with a locking mechanism and it helps to control how much foundation you're using instead of pouring it straight out of the bottle and end up wasting product.

The application technique and tool is also essential to achieve a flawless base good enough for everyday, and the one and only tool I use is the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. The bristles are perfectly dense and cut to a precise length to give you a firm control while stippling on your foundation.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Personally, I set my oily prone areas (the T-Zone), with another of my favourite, the NARS Translucent Crystal Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder (omg what a mouthful). It is super finely milled and it certainly smoothens and softens the skin's appearance and texture. 

If I can only live with one palette, I'll take the LORAC Pro Palette in a heartbeat because it is my most versatile palette, with a perfect balance of 8 mattes and 8 shimmer shades, enough to create your neutral day time look and taking it all the way to your night time smoky look with some fun pop of colors available as well. I use the lightest matte brown (Taupe) in the palette to contour my nose and the white or nude shimmer shades for highlighting my brow bones too. 

Whenever I want to feel like a glowy goddess, I will whip out theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter as a finishing touch in my makeup routine. It is not too overly glittery or shimmery, just lightly tap the smallest amount on your cheeks or wherever you feel like, and it leaves you with a nice gentle glow. 

theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

Lastly, I would like to end off my favorites with my essentials and best-loved eye products! 

The number one reason why Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil is the deal for me is because they DO NOT SMUDGE at all. I can tight-line the shit out of my eyes and I wouldn't worry about having panda eyes. Zero is also a softer black compared to Perversion, so it does not look that harsh. On top of that, they are extremely creamy, meaning it would not pull and tug on your eyes and they are also highly pigmented, so I do not have to go over my waterline many times. 

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in 'Zero'

It is also part of my makeup routine to brighten the inner corners of my eyes with a touch of shimmery champagne gold, and for this my Etude House's Bling Bling Eye Stick in #08 Ivory Baby Star does a wonderful job!


Etude House Bling Bling Eye Stick in #08 Ivory Baby Star

A good nude natural look is my go-to and as a eyeshadow base, I love using my Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Eyeshadow in #13. It's a warm creamy champagny shade and I swear this stuff doesn't budge or crease even when I skipped my primer. Ugh, I love this thing to death! I am planning to get more colors but it is very very pricey for a pot so... T_T

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Eyeshadow in #13 - Warm Beige (sorry, mine looks unappealing because I keep really long nails LOL)

The only item I did not mention in my post is NCLA's Nail Polish, which will be coming soon on my blog with swatches, so stay tuned! 

I hope this post has been informative and helpful if you're ever considering to purchase any of these items I have listed in my favorites! Do share with me what are your October beauty favorites too, I would love to know!

Pearlyn 
XX


2 comments:

  1. These products look so lovely, especially the blush and the palette!
    x

    www.samroise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! :) Followed you on bloglovin'! xx

      Delete