Sephora Private Sale Haul

Hey lovelies! I was really excited when I got upgraded to my Sephora Black Card a few months ago, and I am the happiest person alive whenever I receive an email from Sephora about their VIP Private Sales, where you get to enjoy a 20% off store-wide! I missed the previous one they did due to some reasons and I was so thrilled when they brought back the sale again that the shopaholic in me had to drag my friend along to ION's Sephora (the biggest Sephora in Singapore) the very next day.

To be honest I did not have very much on my wishlist to check off as I was spending out of my budget recently. But surprise, surprise. I couldn't resist and in the end I still walked out with a small bag of products despite the massive crowd haha!


The main reason why I had to check out the sale is because Sephora only started to carry NARS in their stores recently. Previously, NARS are only available in their own flagship stores at places like TANGS or Robinsons. I knew I had to take this chance to strike off their Radiant Creamy Concealer off my wishlist! 

Initially, I was having a hard time deciding between the shades 'Honey' and 'Custard', but 'Honey' is leaning towards more of the pinkish side so I thought 'Custard' will be a better shade for me. There were many people crowding around the NARS counter and apparently, 'Custard' was the most popular shade, thank heavens I managed to get my hands on the last 'Custard' shade they had in stock!

I dab this on my undereye area to brighten up and it applies real smoothly. Plus, it stays on all day like a dream! I wore it out to catch a movie in the cinema and I cried (lol) but there was no tear streaks anywhere on my face at all. 

New innovative mascaras are developed and released every now and then, and this leaves us with a diverse market of mascaras out there to try. So, mascaras are something I would love to switch up often! Lately, Tarte's Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara has been getting lots of mentions from beauty gurus so I had to try it out for myself! 


Now I don't know what does Tarte mean by a smart mascara but the 'bamboo-looking' tube packaging has certainly won me over! Since I am still using a fairly new tube of mascara, I will only open this one when the old one dries up. Will be back with a full review if it's good! :)

For me, a beauty haul will not be complete without getting something from MAC. I personally love collecting MAC lipsticks (so much so that I could even identify their names just by looking at the shades) because I feel that with so many different types of finishes and colors to choose from, a simple lipstick can easily change up your look! 

(L): MAC Sheen Supreme in 'Zen Rose', (R): MAC Cremesheen in ' Speed Dial'

I picked up two shades, first is MAC Cremesheen in 'Speed Dial', which I felt was a good change from my other MAC lipsticks as all I had in my collection were either an amplified or matte finish. This is a pretty sheer muted pink, and it will be more appropriate for school or work! :) The second one is a fairly interesting formula, as it is very glossy and hydrating but still has a very strong color payoff! MAC describes it as a bright mid-tone fuchsia. 

(Top): MAC Cremesheen in 'Speed Dial', (Bottom): MAC Sheen Supreme in 'Zen Rose'

I stumbled across Temptalia's review on the two blushes that MAC released for the Heirloom Mix Collection and it was love at first sight when I saw 'Sweet Sentiment'. Lately, I have this crazy obsession with purple and blue-toned lipsticks, this blush is perfect for it as it is a darker-toned pink with hints of lilac. I do not have anything similar to this in my blush collection and I was super disappointed when it is sold out in Sephora. Luckily, the sales person working there told me there is still stocks in Isetan's MAC counter and I flew quickly to grab it. NO REGRETS. I love the tiny sparkles/glitter on the packaging, it's so pretty!! Pigmentation was AMAAAZING and it complements my purple lippies so well, 'nuff said. 




Lastly, while queuing up at the Sephora's cashier, I also picked up a travel-sized Urban Decay's De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray to control my oily skin. It dries very quickly within a minute or two and it gives off a nice cooling effect on the skin, helping to freshen up the makeup at the same time! I will have to try it out a couple more times to see if it really does control excessive oil but so far I am loving it! It is also paraben free. 


I hope my pictures and swatches does some justice on these products! Feel free to let me know if you feel that there is any way I can improve on it! :) 
Cheers! 

Pearlyn 
xx


2 comments: