Shiseido Sale Haul Oct 2014

What is more delightful than having a beauty buffet spread out right in front of your eyes with heavily discounted prices? Yes, the bi-annual Shiseido Sale is here again!

I have never tried Shiseido's skincare line until I was on the hunt for a good sunscreen to protect myself from all the harmful UV rays as my current holy grail foundation, NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, does not provide any SPF protection. Hence, I was on my way to do a research on all sunscreens that has received good reviews from people over the recent years and that's how I discovered Shiseido's Multi-Defence UV Protector. It worked beautifully on my face, and I was really impressed with its performance!

As we all know Shiseido's skincare line isn't cheap so when I heard about the Shiseido Sale, I knew I had to go! It also carries some of my all-time favourite makeup brands like NARS and Majorlica Majorca, I had to get my greedy paws on some of them! Without further ado, let's jump right into what I managed to haul from the sale. :)


I was really excited about NARS so that was the first counter that I ran to! But apparently it is the most popular counter among everyone who was present in the sale too... so it was really difficult for me to even squeeze to the front to look at what is available. :( When I finally got to the front, the first thing that captured my attention was the nail polishes! However, there is this auntie standing right in front of the testers and she was basically applying EVERY SINGLE COLOR slowly onto her nails when people behind are dying to look at the products!?

Luckily for me, I managed to grab 3 bottles of polish! I always gravitate towards polishes in the lavender/purple family as it is my favorite color and it suits my skin tone well.


The first one I laid my eyes on was NARS's Nail Polish in Purple Rain! It was indeed a knockout color as described by NARS! From the bottle, this polish has a jewel toned purple infused with blue and red micro specks that with the lousy quality of my phone camera, I couldn't capture its beauty like in real life.


Next is the Sharks nail polish duo from the Pierre Hardy collaboration with NARS. The nail polishes has really (cute?) names, with the pale pastel yellow labelled as 'Left' and the lavender purple labelled 'Right'. It is packaged to resemble a 'shoe box', with a NARS dustbag included to reflect Pierre Hardy as a french shoe designer.

Another item I am really excited about is the NARS Fairy Kiss Eyeshadow Palette! As I usually lean towards more to the warmer tones in my eyeshadow looks, I am really looking forward to trying this sultry cool-toned palette for a change! This palette consists of two matte shades and the four other shades are glittery/shimmery. This is priced at $35, which is really a great value for money when it originally retails at $60 at the NARS counters in Singapore!


Last but not least, the Shiseido skincare trial kits/sample packs are also a steal! I've got myself 2 sets, one comprising 3 travel sized tubes of their Purifying Cleansing Foam, which has a light and lovely floral scent to it. Another set includes their Night Moisture Recharge and Purifying Mask, I am dying to try that out! YASSSS to clean and glowing skin!

That's it for my haul! Thank you for reading and do let me know if there is anything you would like to see for my posts in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blog! I'm so jealous of your buys here :(

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award here:
    http://blushingbeautea.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/liebster-award.html

    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy! I am looking forward to future posts of yours! :)

      XX

      Delete